Monday 21 November 2011

The God in Us

The clutter in my head is slowly dissolving into peaceful surrender. This is what Angus and Julia stone do to me. As the delicious melodies flow in through my ears, the day’s burdens seep out without as much as a whimper through the invisible cracks in my skin. In such moments of tranquillity, I allow my thoughts to wander, and often I am surprised at how in this pure space,I can conjure the filthiest, darkest images.

Tonight though, my mind strings marshmallow images of pinks and sky blues.

You see, I have just finished reading a blog post about how, a couple, after trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant, finally got the two lines on that treacherous stick. The read takes me back ten years when my aunt, wild as a berry, settled into marriage...and changed. Her dreams opened up to accommodate the aspirations of her husband. We all watched, as she became a woman, a wife and then a dreamer. Ten years my aunt went on her knees every night and again in the morning-crying out to whatever gods-praying for a child.  We all listened as she tried to make wagers with the spirits. She offered sacrifices and made promises- anything. Everything- for a chance to be a mother.  How selfless she already was to her unborn infant.

The tears never stopped. She cried. Her husband cried. I cried. We all wept...and ten years later, when Jaden ,in his own time, joined the family, we wept some more.

Josh is now on my mind. I met him at a children’s home and fell in love with him. I have flooded my phone with pictures of him and still the aching for him overwhelms me. maybe, God, in his wisdom, gave us all the strength, that his mother may have lacked when she left him, to love him without conditions.

This life, with all of its murky hours, is punctuated with pure angels. At every turn, these children, untouched cleanse, even for a minute, the rot that can be humanity. These angels, i believe, are Gods way of reminding us that he is always with us.

These faces are the faces of God-pure and healing.  

4 comments:

  1. Damn! This has to be the deepest blog post I have ever read...good stuff!

    Pamoja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic story, this.
    Even more fantastic is your ability to tell such a good story with so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post too touching i love simple and straight to the point

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nice,its worth everything,it touched me thumps up

    ReplyDelete