Thursday 10 November 2011

Because I am a queen.

There is always pressure to be profound when you are granted (because it is a privilege) pen and paper (or just a keyboard and free time). What are these thoughts that cannot be contained in your head? ...these letters that tear through your skin? what is this that is worth saying and more, be heard?

love.
Because it cannot be ignored.

Over lunch this afternoon, I asked my married friend to tell me the story of how he met his wife. It turned out to be a delicious tale of a virgin man who was unacquainted to love when he first encountered it. He told of sensuous delights in his journey that saw this naiveté of love burst into crimson passion and finally settled gently to become tender affection in matrimony.

He loves his wife.

I know because his bulky masculinity softens when he mentions her name. His mouth curves into bubbles of ooohs and aaahs when he pauses,clearly running her features in his mind.

‘She makes the marriage’  he finally whispers.

This woman is his Eve, his pinnacle of grace and bed of acceptance.

I want that. how can anyone not?

…then my other friend, unmarried and enchanted by this miracle of love that had since floated our souls to a fluffy cloud of warmth says…

‘you can…it is a woman who decides if a man will love the whore in her, the girl in her, or the queen in her’

No comments:

Post a Comment